Betsey Johnson Collection Debuts
By Jennifer Marks -- Home Textiles Today, 8/8/2006 12:00:00 AM
At the New York Market — —
At the New York Market —WestPoint Home yesterday unveiled the Betsey Johnson Home collection, the first foray into bedding and bath by the iconic apparel designer.
The collection represents “the many worlds of Betsey.” The core of the program comprises 300-count, solid-colored Egyptian cotton sheets in a variety of hues. Sheets come in oversized packages and include a charm. Sheets and towels also include a ribbon embroidered signature rose.
WestPoint debuted the program with eight beds, reflecting Johnson's flounce and flair. One example is Betsey Backyard, a sweet coral pink rose tossed on a crisp light pique and reversing to a gingham check. Print sheets feature the same tossed rose. Eyelet lace-edged sheets in white complete the layered look.
In bath, in addition to the scalloped edge solid-colored towels, WestPoint is offering a Chantilly lace-edged towel and an embroidered lace-edged towel.
“Betsey has tapped into a fun, feminine consumer who likes to be surrounded by things that are pretty, lacy, and highly embellished,” said Joe Pennacchio, West Point ceo.
Other themes include:
Betsey Bahamas, a pintucked white cotton bed with crocheted lace, satin ribbons, and cross-stitched embroidery
Betseyville, traditional floral popped by a hot pink background, accented by Chantilly lace
Betsey Belle, an aqua watercolor floral printed on charmeuse, charmed by wallpaper stripe on the sheets
Betsey Boudoir, silk charmeuse, silk crepe and embroidered organza in peach, combining luxury with the light touch of butterfly motif edging
Betsey Bombshell, a leopard print against tossed roses, accented by black sateen on the bed skirt.
Decorative accessories include dec pillows featuring original illustrations by the designer, needlepoint sayings and lace embroidery. In the bath line, shower curtains flaunt hot pink florals and boast lace hems, while the bath accessories turn Depression-era milk glass styling into a lark, by virtue of ample gold and hot pink treatments.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...