Pier 1 Gets TJX Restraining Order
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/26/2007 12:00:00 AM
FORT WORTH, TEXAS —
Pier 1 Imports said it has obtained a temporary restraining order against The TJX Companies, "enjoining TJX from filing any judicial proceeding or lawsuit against Alexander Smith, other than making a claim for arbitration with the American Arbitration Association."
Pier 1 hired Smith as president and ceo, effective Feb. 19. At TJX, he was serving as senior exec vp, group president on the day the hiring was announced, Jan. 30.
Pier 1 had filed suit on Monday, Feb. 12 "to prevent further interference by TJX with the employment of Pier 1's new president and ceo, Alex Smith." A Pier 1 executive committee member, Tom Thomas, said Pier 1 "is not a competitor with any of the TJX companies."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...