Park B. Smith wine auction to benefit Holy Cross
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/28/2006 12:40:00 PM
New York -- Park B. Smith will auction a large collection of his legendary wine cellar on Nov. 18 at Sotheby’s to benefit the College of The Holy Cross, his alma mater.
The Park B. Smith collection, considered one of the greatest cellars in the world, includes a significant number of his prized large-format bottles, including 50 cases of the legendary 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild, carrying an estimated value of $600,000 to $1.2 million.
The sale is expected to bring $3.1 million to $4.8 million in total.
Smith already is a major benefactor to Holy Cross.
A special dinner benefiting Holy Cross will be held at Veritas, a restaurant here co-owned by Smith and featuring wines from his collection.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...