Sadove Named CEO of Saks Inc., Wilson Resigns
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 1/16/2006 12:00:00 AM
Birmingham, Ala. — —
Birmingham, Ala. —Saks Incorporated has named Stephen Sadove CEO, succeeding Brad Martin. Sadove is currently vice chairman and chief operating officer.
In addition, the position of chairman and CEO of Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises has been eliminated, and Fred Wilson, who held that post, has resigned. Sadove will assume Wilson's responsibility for SFAE.
Martin will remain as chairman and continue his executive responsibilities such as focus on real estate matters, Club Libby Lu, and operations and strategic alternatives for Parisian. Toni Browning, president and CEO of Parisian; Mary Drolet, president of Club Libby Lu; and Paul Ruby, senior vice president of real estate, will report to him.
Andrew Jennings will remain president and chief operating officer of Saks Fifth Avenue, reporting to Sadove, and Ron Frasch will retain his role as vice chairman and chief merchant of Saks Fifth Avenue, reporting to Jennings. Mike Archbold, executive vice president and chief financial officer of SFAE, will report to Sadove.
Sadove joined the management team of Saks Inc. in January 2002 as vice chairman and assumed the additional role of chief operating officer in March 2004.
Saks Inc. has also approved a plan to explore strategic alternatives for its Parisian specialty department store business, which will generate 2005 revenues of approximately $700 million. The company anticipates completing the sale of its Northern Department Store Group to The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. early in the first fiscal quarter of 2006.
Very unhappy with the Riverhead store, Tanger outlet, call today to see if outwear was 40% off spoke to Lori, who was rude and gave me wrong information, she lput me on hold while I was talking, than the girl Jackie, said yes, I went to the store and they said the vest I called about was considered assories, but William, Marie and Celete, gave me the 40%. I am a Saks shopper, They closed the Saks in Southampton so I went to Off Saks, what a mess, racks are over stuffed you pull one garment and 3-4 fall out. Girls are rude and have attitudes. Miss Saks, please investigate my compliant, call me at 516-790-4678, to hear what they did to my girl friend who spent $1700. and will never go back.Sylvia Berger - 2010-11-29 16:25:41 EST
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...