Family Dollar to shake up textiles assortment
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/13/2003 12:00:00 AM
New York — Family Dollar will reposition its home textiles business this summer, and customers will see a "seismic change" as products from new vendors are brought in and looks will be coordinated across departments, including table linens, shower curtains and comforters, president and coo David Alexander told HTT following the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray consumer conference here this week.
Already, the chain, which used to only carry muslin sheets, has since switched to percale. The quality is similar to product at Kohl's and Linens 'n Things, said Alexander.
"More and more vendors are willing to sell to our channel; they realize it's the fastest growing niche in retail," he added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...