Ashford Ct. donates new dec pillow profits
By Cecile B. Corral -- Home Textiles Today, 10/8/2001 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Decorative pillow, throw, table linen and bedding manufacturer and importer Ashford Court, based here, is donating to the American Red Cross a portion of the profits it generates from a new line of patriotically designed decorative pillows and place mats it is making at its Richmond, VA-based facility.
"The [September 11] disaster is being felt by everyone all over the country and we thought that the American Red Cross was the institution with the broadest scope to help the victims," said Neil Zuber, president.
Ashford Court's ongoing "Patriotic Collection" includes micro-fiber, suede, printed cotton and hand-painted cotton.
Designs include: the Statue of Liberty superimposed on the American flag; and a hand-painted American flag design.
Sizes for the pillows are 13" x 18" and 18" x 18".
Price points range for the decorative pillows from $6.99 to $9.99 and for place mats from $3.99 to $5.99.
"We had our retail partners asking us for anything we could do because demand for patriotic product was so great," Zuber added. "We immediately contacted our resources and set out designing them."
Each product from the collection will include a hang tag that says "Made in the USA" and information regarding Ashford Court's donations to the American Red Cross.
Ashford Court will begin shipping products from the collection within two weeks. "And we already have samples in our showroom for the [New York Home Textiles] October market," Zuber said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...