Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/27/2003 12:00:00 AM
BASF quits fibers market
LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY — Mammoth German chemical company BASF, a big worldwide supplier of nylon, is exiting the fibers market.
Honeywell International, based in Morris Township, N.J., will acquire BASF's nylon fibers business, which includes the solution-dyed Zeftron 200 nylon used for upholstery fabrics, as well as fibers for carpets, apparel and automotive applications.
BASF's nylon fibers business had sales of about $350 million in 2001.
Duralee launches third crypton collection
BAY SHORE, NY — Duralee Fabrics' Techstyle division is launching its third collection of woven jacquards made of Crypton, a patented upholstery fabric system engineered to be resistant to moisture, stains, flames, abrasion and bacteria.
Z last word in performance
CHICAGO — Z-Tex, the converter specializing in casual lifestyle fabrics, has introduced a washable performance finish for cotton upholstery and other home furnishings fabrics.
John Zita, president, said a partnership with Nextec Applications led to the new finish, which he said is engineered into the fabric and guaranteed to remain intact wash after wash.
Current top marketer at loomcraft
GREENSBORO, NC — Greg Current has joined Loomcraft Textiles as executive vp of marketing.
A 21-year textiles industry veteran who formerly was vp, marketing for Oakhurst Textiles, he will be involved in the marketing and sales of Loomcraft's home decorative and automotive fabrics.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...