ABC Home Event to Fight Breast Cancer
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/13/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York —
ABC Carpet & Home will host a breast cancer cure fundraising event on Oct. 16 at its flagship store here.
Elizabeth Miller, svp of style and design for Mohawk Home's upscale area rug division, Karastan, was the catalyst for the event. Miller, a breast cancer survivor, has been actively involved in fundraising toward a cure.
"This is the third year we've rallied the home and design community during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I'm proud to say my colleagues and friends in the industry have shown their generosity," she said. "I'm hoping that once again they will add their voice and support to this urgent cause and join us at ABC Carpet & Home on Oct. 16."
The chief speaker will be Eric Brinker, nephew of the late Susan G. Komen, eponym for the Susan G. Komen For the Cure breast cancer cause. Brinker, 32, is the son of the cause's founder, Nancy G. Brinker, who was Komen's sister. His talk will include a personal memoir of the past 26 years growing up alongside the grassroots effort that is Komen for the Cure.
"Eric Brinker promises to bring a very intimate and inspiring viewpoint to all that Susan G. Komen for the Cure does in this world, and he is not to be missed," Miller said.
The event marks Brinker's first appearance in New York City on behalf of the organization that honors the memory of his aunt, who died at age 36 of breast cancer. Since it was established in 1982, Komen for the Cure has raised more than $1 billion for breast cancer research, public education and medical care.
"I'm incredibly proud that every, single advancement in the science of breast cancer in the past 26 years has been touched or funded by a Susan G. Komen for the Cure grant," Brinker said. Tickets are $100 in advance and available at www.veederperman.com. All proceeds will be contributed to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. ABC Carpet & Home is located at 888 Broadway at 19th Street. For more information about the event, call (212) 966-3759, ext. 206.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...