Ames to close Columbus DC
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/28/2001 12:00:00 AM
Rocky Hill, CT — Ames it will close its Columbus, OH, distribution center in an effort to streamline its distribution network. Approximately 450 employees will be affected.
Stores currently serviced by the Columbus facility will be supported by the company's DC in Leesport, PA. Ames has two other DCs — in Mansfield and Westfield, MA — which will continue normal operations.
Earlier this month, Ames announced the closing of 16 stores, which were serviced by the Columbus facility. The stores began liquidation on November 25 and will close in early 2002. The consolidation is part of Ames' reorganization under Chapter 11.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...