Mervyns Opens First Stores Since '04
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/16/2006 12:00:00 AM
Hayward, Calif. — —
Hayward, Calif. — Last week, Mervyns opened 4 new stores, one each in San Jose and National City, Calif.; Gilbert, Ariz., and Brownsville, Texas.
Vanessa Castagna, executive chairwoman of the board of the 189-unit mid-tier department store operator, said the new units “reflect our commitment to expand in our core markets.”
These are the first new stores since Mervyns became a private company in 2004; the units also represent the prototype for renovations of existing locations. Design features include new display fixtures and directional signs, wider aisles and brighter, energy-efficient lighting, centrally-located customer service centers and registers, and family restrooms and fitting rooms that accommodate strollers.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...