Cuddledown sets up more bricks and mortar
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/3/2003 12:00:00 AM
Cuddledown sets up more bricks and mortar Portland, ME —Catalog retailer Cuddledown officially opened its second store location over the Thanksgiving weekend, with an outlet center in Kittery, ME.
Located in one of Maine's "outlet meccas," the store offers a large selection of overstocked and discontinued home and sleepwear at up to 70 percent off, as well as a selection of regular-priced catalog items, such as down comforters and pillows, high-end sheets, blankets, mattress pads and sleepwear.
The company said its first weekend sales were less than anticipated, but it saw a lot of traffic, and that it will be a few more months before it gets a solid read on store performance.
Located an hour south of here, the Kittery store is 4,950 square feet, roughly half the size of Cuddledown’s original store in Freeport.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...