Turnils vp Lumbatis dies
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/19/2005 1:32:00 PM
UPPER SADDLE RIVER , N.J. — Don Lumbatis, vice president and general manager of Turnils, Inc., based in Suwanee , Ga. , and a subsidiary of window covering manufacturer Hunter Douglas Inc., passed away on Jan. 8 at the age of 55.
For the past year, he was also acting general manager of the Hunter Douglas National Accounts Group, which includes the National Accounts and Alta divisions.
Lumbatis joined Hunter Douglas Inc. in 1990 and since 1994 was vice president and general manager of Turnils. Prior to joining Hunter Douglas, he worked at JCPenney for 17 years as president of the Custom Decorating Division.
"Don, a kind, warm and generous man of impeccable integrity, was also an outstanding leader, respected and admired by all those who knew and worked with him over the years," said Hunter Douglas President and CEO Marv Hopkins.
Lumbatis is survived by his wife, Jane, six children and three grandchildren, as well as his mother, a sister and three brothers. At the family's request, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Hunter Douglas Foundation, Inc., for the Tsunami Relief Effort at 2 Park Way , Upper Saddle River , N.J. 07458, Attn: Betty Lou Smith.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...