Standing room only at Showtime
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/23/2001 12:00:00 AM
HIGH POINT, NC —
It was standing room only at the annual summertime Showtime runway fashion show event co-produced by Home Textiles Today and sibling paper Furniture/Today.
The sponsors let their imaginations run wild for garments using fabrics introduced for Showtime. Included in the group were Burlington House, Costa Blanca, Glen Raven and Quaker, with its Whitaker division and new Davol divisions: Milliken, Crypton and Diversitex.
Also at Showtime, the International Textile Market Association presented Molly Hutson of High Point University with the ITMA Scholar of the Year award. The 2001 Virginia Jackson Design Competition was won by Shireen Batliwal and Maegan Fee, both of the Rhode Island School of Design, who tied for first place in the jacquard category, and Madeleine Marx of Philadelphia University, who won first place in the print category.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...