Sears ready to step off the mall
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/25/2002 3:03:00 PM
Hoffman Estates, IL — Sears will open its first off-the-mall full-line store in West Jordan, UT, a suburb of Salt Lake City. The pilot store, with size yet to be determined, will open in the fall of 2003.
"We are now in a position of growing our store base," Sears chairman and ceo Alan Lacy told analysts during its annual meeting here last week. By going off-the-mall, a scenario long under consideration, "we will be more convenient to customers. We also will rethink the format."
Lacy also said that expansion for The Great Indoors would be held to two new stores for '03. "It's a big win with customers; it's very differentiated. But the investment level is too high."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...