Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/10/2001 12:00:00 AM
LNT ties The Knot with bridal registry
Linens 'N Things is expanding the reach of its bridal registry services through a partnership with The Knot, an online wedding content provider for AOL and MSN. Under the agreement, more than 2,000 skus in LNT's assortment of bed and bath products will be available through theknot.com as well as lnt.com. The retailer will promote The Knot with in-store signage, and consumers shopping for goods from The Knot's registry can make their purchases through LNT stores. The Knot has a similar agreement with Fortunoff for china and tabletop. The Knot also publishes wedding-planning print publications, including Wedding Gowns magazine, and a three-book wedding-planning services with Random House's Broadway Books division.
New designer home store opens in SoHo
Armani Casa, Giorgio Armani's stand-alone home collection, debuted in the United States with the recent soft opening of the New York store, at 97 Greene Street in SoHo. From the front window display on in, the product on the shelves is carefully edited and purposely placed. Several pillows and throws are distributed throughout the couches and tables on the street level, but the majority of home textiles are found on the lower floor. Three minimally dressed beds display Armani's colors of the season, and here packages of sheets and duvets line shelves, along with three towel sizes and bath mats. A queen bottom sheet retailed for $175, and a linen queen duvet for $475. Bath towels come in hand, bath and sheet sizes, with the bath size retailing for $42.50.
Martha Stewart Everyday to move into next category
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and Kmart announced the next product launch for the captive Martha Stewart Everyday label: home decor items to be titled as MSE Decorating.
Decorating will debut this fall with 260 skus, bringing to 4,800 the total sku count for the MSE program at Kmart. The Decorating line will include photo frames, photo storage, mirrors, lamps, lampshades, clocks and candles.
Elder-Beerman To open another concept store
DuBois, PA, will be the site of Elder-Beerman's latest department store opening on September 13, showcasing its new format. The 55,000 square foot store will be the seventh department store in the concept format, and two more, in Kohler, WI, and Alliance, OH, will be added in October. The concept stores include a full assortment of home furnishings, and feature centralized customer service centers to enhance the customers' shopping experience.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...