Tessile makes youth movement with quilts
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/22/2002 2:05:00 PM
Newark, NJ — Long known for its wide array of quilts for adults, Tessile has broadened its assortment and is now offering a juvenile quilt line.
Retailers "prompted us to make an offering so we're testing the market," said Samuel Lam, vp. "We'd like to see how we'll do in this segment."
The company responded with two quilts, Shells and Birdhouses, both of which sport a variety of embellishments, including hand-painting, embroidery and appliqué.
Shells features outline quilting in the shape of shells and a border wave effect, as well as hand-painting and embroidery. Birdhouses features a more constructed look, using hand appliquŽ and gingham-type hand treatments. Birdhouses, birds and a fence along the border make up the motif. Both quilts are constructed from all cotton with polyester fill and are sourced from China.
The juvenile line is offered as either open stock or quilt-in-a-bag sets containing a quilt and a sham. Coordinating decorative pillows fill out the new line.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...