Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/10/2002 12:00:00 AM
Milender joins Raxon fabrics
NEW YORK — Steve Milender has joined Raxon Fabrics as national sales manager.
He is responsible for sales and marketing and for the showroom here, as well as sales support and design.
Milender, who reports to Ruud Aberson, president, previously was with Crypton as a consultant and earlier was with Textile Fabric Associates. He was with the Robert Allen Group as vp, sales for the Ametex division and earlier was with Covington Fabrics.
In an expansion of its design department, Jonathon Michaud has joined the company as designer for the contract division joining Lynn Haude, who heads design for residential and hospitality.
F. Schumacher adds new business
NEW YORK — F. Schumacher & Co. has acquired the fabric and wallcoverings business of Decorators Walk, an interior design showroom network, as well as its Boston showroom.
At the same time, F. Schumacher promoted Susan North to vp, design for its Interior Design Group (IDG), which includes Schumacher, Greeff and the Decorators Walk business.
North, who reports to Rose Fiorilli, senior vp, general manager, design and marketing for IDG, succeeds Tom Burak who left the firm in the late 1990s.
North said, "Our challenge is to position and maintain each brand with a separate, distinct look." Schumacher, she explained, "has a more European feel; Greeff represents an Anglo-American bent that has always been in vogue; and Decorators Walk is a collection of boutique-style lines."
North also hopes to reinvigorate licensing relationships with museums, an established venture for the company in the past.
North previously was director of design for Greeff and earlier worked for Covington and John Wolf.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...