Sears/Kmart sponsors Design on a Dime fundraiser (with photo slideshow)
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/8/2009 11:24:00 AM
New York -- Sears/Kmart is the major sponsor of the 5th annual Design on a Dime benefit that kicked off last evening in Manhattan. The charity is Housing Works, which provides services to homeless and low-income New Yorkers with HIV and AIDS.
Following last night’s VIP kick-off party, the event continues today and tomorrow at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., between 6th and 7th Avenues. It is free and open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fifty room vignettes feature up with merchandise from Sears/Kmart and more than 100 other home décor companies, most on the high end.
The Sears/Kmart displays in look a sneak preview of the new Country Living making its debut at both nameplates later this year as well as fall 2009 introductions for Jaclyn Smith, Ty Pennington, Cannon and Sears/Kmart housewares.
See kick-off party photos here.
Lauretta Power - 2009-05-11 20:52:00 EDT
Apparently Sears only concerns themselves with putting up a front. For going on 5 years Sears has left both my husband and my self(both disabled) with no heat or a/c even though the two systems, that Sears installed in our delaware home, have 10 year warranties and cost us almost $19,000.If you care to find out what Sears is really like Google "Sears Complaints" and read how Sears treats it's long time customers. Like us, many of their customers will no longer do business with them.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...