Hilasal Mills heads back to the beach
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/21/2004 12:00:00 AM
EL SALVADOR —
Hilasal Mills, North America's third largest towel manufacturer, has returned to the beach towel business under its own operation. For the past two years, that business had been handled under agreement with Brumlow Mills.
"I'm delighted to once again have our sales, design and marketing under one roof, allowing us to maintain control from manufacturing to the delivering of final product," said Jose Eduardo Sol, chief operating officer of the mill, which has facilities in El Salvador and Mexico.
The new subsidiary, Hilasal USA, will be based in Miami with a showroom in New York at 295 Fifth Ave. Brumlow will continue in its role as Hilasal Mills' U.S. representative for solid color bath towels under the name Fashion Towels of Georgia, according to Larry Price, the mill's U.S. director of sales.
Hilasal USA is focusing on fiber-reactive and dye sublimation as well as extension products, Price said.
"We're going to expand our placements in beach, and we're going to be very innovative," he said.
Several new introductions target consumers in the 18- to 30-year-old range. Among them are product extensions such as beach towels packaged in backpacks with color-coordinated straps, "beach-in-a-bag" packs and beach towels in modified shapes, such as the Skate towel, which is shaped like a skateboard.
Hilasal will stick to its focus on mid-tier and department store retailers, although it may also explore catalogs, Price said. The company already has a network of sales reps in place and does not currently plan an expansion, he added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...