Dakotah goes contemporary
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 4/12/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Domestic decorative pillow and bedding manufacturer Dakotah entered into a new category this past New York Home Textiles Market with bedspreads, and continues to focus on numerous contemporary looks throughout its showroom.
"Bedspreads are a new category for us that customers are requesting now," said Toby Weinstein, vice president of sales and marketing at Dakotah. "People are looking to us to address a classification that is being ignored, such as bedspreads, textures that make beds look different and contemporary looks," she added.
In bedding, seven new looks were introduced, including a lead bed called Urban Mod — a gold metallic bedspread that is quilted in a Greek key motif — displayed in the front window of 295 Fifth Ave. as well as in the showroom entrance. Other patterns include Taos Creek, a contemporary striped look in robin's egg blue, terra cotta and mocha; and Luna, a contemporary circle motif on a stria bronzine ground.
Sienna uses a flocking technique with gold marrow stitching, plus velvet and faux fur accents. Pearl River is an Asian silk screen inspired look with organic elements on a lace ground in a neutral colorway. Sweet Georgia offers a updated folkloric look of vintage scrolling flowers with tapestry accents and mauve moiré. Baroque is a regal red and gold chenille patchwork with many embellishments.
In the Echo decorative pillow line, Dakotah added the giftable collection based on metallics and scarves featuring sequins and gold/silver threading; and the craft show group based on '70s looks using felt, crochet, knits, leatherette and suede.
In Joseph Abboud, three pillow collections differentiated by color and trims were added to coordinate back to beds. They are Cimmaron, Talisman and Samara. Cimmaron features leather, woven raffia, pieced chenille tweed, silk and handbag-inspired looks. Talisman offers a special gold organza trim with gold buttons and a new inverted gusseted box pillow with a flange. Samara has braided silk lattice and eyelash fringes.
Dakotah's other new pillow groups include Contemporary, Red and Gold, Bohemian Rhapsody, Black and Bronze, eight new styles in Tropical Safari, 20 new designs in Conversational tweener and adult pillows, and up to 14 new patterns in Lifestyle.
The Contemporary group is living room friendly with a mix-and-match approach and a focus on tweed. Bohemian Rhapsody has an eclectic mix of textures such as velvet, tapestry, Persian rug, heavy chenille, Imperial damask and paisley.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...