Gribetz back at Bloomies
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/12/2001 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK -Lester Gribetz, one of home furnishings' premier merchants is returning to his roots-Bloomingdale's-as vp, home furnishings fashion direction, a new position.
Gribetz reports to Joe Laneve, senior vp, gmm of home. The divisional home fashions directors will report to Gribetz.
"We are thrilled that we are able to have Lester return to the Bloomingdale's family. His 40-plus years of fashion leadership in the home area are a valuable asset to our organization. Our home area is of great importance to the Bloomingdale's brand, and Lester will be a key player," said Michael Gould, Bloomingdale's chairman and ceo.
Gribetz began his retail career at Bloomingdale's in 1954 in the executive training program. He spent most of his career involved in home furnishings, becoming senior vp of home in 1977, gmm of home and cosmetics in 1979 and executive vp, general merchandise manager, home, cosmetics and restaurants in 1980. In 1989, he was named vice chairman with added responsibilities for special merchandising projects including private-label marketing and the men's division.
In 1992, Gribetz, and former Bloomingdale's chairman and ceo Marvin Traub, formed MTLG Acquisition Corp, with other investors and acquired the then Conran's home furnishings specialty chain from British-based Storehouse.
Gribetz later ran his own consulting business specializing in marketing for manufacturers and designers' merchandise.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...