Jo-Ann grabs three leases in TX
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/17/2003 12:00:00 AM
HUDSON, OH —
Jo-Ann Stores has acquired the leases on three stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth market from MJDesigns and will open its superstores at the locations.
MJDesigns, a Texas-based arts and crafts retailer, has been operating under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection since December 13, 2002. The transaction, for an undisclosed sum, was approved last week by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
The three stores, which had annual combined revenues of $16 million in the last full fiscal year of operation under MJDesigns, are currently running court-approved liquidation sales.
Jo-Ann expects to take possession of the stores in late April or early May. The stores will be remodeled, remerchandised and reopened as Jo-Ann superstores later this year.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...