Retailer Berkell dies
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/28/2002 12:00:00 AM
PLAINVIEW, NY —
Sylvia Berkell, former chairwoman of retailer Curtains & Home, Inc., passed away on Jan. 14 after a long illness.
Berkell was the wife of the late Bernard Berkell. The husband and wife tandem had started the now-defunct Curtains & Home, a retailer of window and bedroom fashions.
"She was very well respected and one tough businesswoman," said Edward Levine, a former merchandise manager for Curtains & Home, and current assistant to the president/inventory control manager, for Elizabeth, NJ-based Rainbow Linens.
"She had a great, great eye for fashion and wasn't hesitant to say to anyone — president, designers, chief executives — what she thought of a line or coloration."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...