Restoration Hardware ready to reset stores
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/1/2002 12:00:00 AM
Corte Madera, CA — After months of strategy discussions, Restoration Hardware will see its plan become reality April 9th, when remodeled and re-merchandised stores will be unveiled — along with a re-designed catalog and web site.
Along with new fixturing and layouts, the stores will have 60 percent new merchandise, which will have been shipped to the stores only ten days before, Gary Friedman, ceo, told attendees at a Bear Stearns conference in New York. The company also looks to clarify its message by slashing its sku count by 30 percent.
Home textiles, as previously announced, will ramp up its penetration to eventually become a fifth of the merchandise mix. Already several merchandise "appetizers" are in the stores, like 464-count sheets from Italy. Restoration looks to offer quality textiles at a good value, Friedman said.
Remodeling begins the week of March 10, and will take about seven days per store, he said, with 70 percent of the highest volume stores completed by April 9th. All stores will remain open at this time.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...