Neuburger looks to extend brand
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 2/18/2002 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Pajama maven Karen Neuburger is preparing to extend her home textiles franchise into a line of towels, floor coverings, shower curtains and soft tabletop items.
Neuburger, whose line of bedding is manufactured and marketed by Guilford Home Fashions, made the announcement last week during an informal session at Guilford's new showroom here at 261 Fifth Ave., and also displayed design boards for new introductions to be unveiled at April market.
According to Steve Castella, vp, design for Guilford, the new beds will feature more of a master bedroom look but will still convey Neuburger's easy, comfortable styling and casual looks.
Taking a slight step up in construction, Sophia and Queen Anne will both include 250-count sateen cotton sheeting. Sophia will feature a mini-floral sheet, jacquard top-of-bed and floral stripe accessories. Queen Anne will feature a mitered and embroidered top-of-bed as well as a floral sheet. Two new plaid calico sheets will also join the Neuburger collection, both of which may be tied into old and new beds alike.
"We didn't get away from her style," said Castella. "If you do that, you get away from what Karen Neuburger is all about."
As for Neuburger's expansion into other product categories, negotiations with suppliers of rugs, kitchen and bath products are nearing conclusion, she said.
Neuburger also announced that KNLtd., a new company, will be handling all of the marketing and licensing of the Neuburger brand. The KNLtd. team consists of Jeff Casner, senior vp, licensing; Dustin Eber, vp, licensing; and support departments for public relations, marketing and licensing in San Francisco, where Karen Neuburger is based.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...