Coldwater Creek lessens home in merch. mix
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/6/2003 12:00:00 AM
SANDPOINT, ID —
Since the discontinuation of its home catalog this summer, Coldwater Creek has been decreasing its concentration of home merchandise to about 2 percent of mix, down from 10 percent.
"The home merchandise never grew to represent a large enough percentage of sales to justify keeping the title going," said David Gunter, director of corporate communications and investor relations. "It became obvious that our customer views us primarily as an apparel retailer, followed by accessories such as jewelry, footwear and gifts."
The catalog, Internet and retail store retailer will still offer such accessories as throws, pillows and smaller throw rugs, he said. In addition, it will continue to carry gifts and soft goods in its Northcountry catalog, and in its retail stores and websites.
The company has recently said that 80 percent to 85 percent of its merchandise is apparel, while 15 percent to 20 percent is hard goods/jewelry.
Marie Crowthers - 2008-07-16 10:37:00 EDT
If the catalog is removed, how will handicapped people like myself, be able to shop your store for the great cloths we found and purchased quite often? This will certainly force me to other solutioons, most of which I find inadequate. Have you also stopped your Email advertising? What is a person who is confined supposed to do?
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...