Longtime Executive Al Paul Passes
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/22/2009 12:00:00 AM
Long time retailing executive Al Paul died May 4.
Paul, 83, led the former Spiegel catalog’s home furnishings business through a radical transformation, rising to senior vp of home furnishings before retiring in the late 1980s. He created what he called “a department store in print” rather that the typical catalog of the time, which carried an array of basic items.
A 40-year Spiegel employee, he is survived by Janice, his wife of 60 years, two daughters, a son and one grandchild.
Donations in his memory may be made to the Mt. Aloysius Foundation, PO Box 598, New Lexington, OH, 43764.
We would love your feedback!
- May 10, 2013
- Feb 26, 2013
- Feb 18, 2013
- Jan 20, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...