NatureWorks to hit retail shelves
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/10/2002 12:00:00 AM
Seattle — Pacific Coast Feather will kick-off the retail launch of its exclusive NatureWorks fiber bedding program with events beginning this month at Bed Bath & Beyond and Younkers.
Earlier this year, Pacific Coast introduced pillows, mattress pads, comforters and fiber beds filled with NatureWorks, a new general fiber called PLA, which is created from corn, an annually renewable resource. The launch later this week and next week at the two retailers will mark the first time consumers will see the products at retail. Each of the product categories uses the NatureWorks fiberfill with a premium natural all-cotton cover.
Some 300 Bed Bath & Beyond stores across the country are expected to have the program set up by the end of this week, according to Kim Lopez-Walters, director of marketing for Pacific Coast Feather. Younkers' 23-store set up is expected to be completed by June 17.
For each retailer, the NatureWorks product will be featured as a family, rather that separated by category within the store, Lopez-Walters explained.
Both Bed Bath & Beyond and Younkers will have dedicated point-of-sale elements including bin toppers, banners and packaging in a eye-catching orange and green color combination.
In addition, Bed Bath & Beyond, which will market the program under the name Natural Balance will have a blow-in card in its July book that will have a circulation of about 10 million, Lopez-Walters said.
At Younkers, where the program will be marketed under the name Generations Bedding Co., additional marketing elements will include an insert in Sunday newspapers in August, a pillow giveaway, and both billboards and radio ads in Des Moines,IA.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...