FIT students opening pop-up shop at 7W
-- Home Textiles Today, 6/15/2009 12:08:00 PM
New York – Showroom building 7W will host a pop-up shop gallery showcasing projects developed by the Fashions Institute of Technology Home Products Development program students from the class of 2010.
As part of the Home Products Junior Competition at FIT, teams of students adapted product trends they saw at 7W into shop concepts. Each includes floor plans, merchandise assortments, visual and merchandising plans, a buying assortment and profit and loss statements.
Shop concepts include:
Vanity Fair, the competition winner, a shop inspired by the Hollywood Regency trend and incorporating sophisticated finishes and jewel tones;
Elements, a boutique featuring merchandise with metallic accents of diverse textures and finishes;
Natural Instincts, a decorative, nature-inspired haven for city-dwellers;
Village Accents, a shop playing off trends inspired by exotic locales;
Urban Nature, an edgy concept employing graphic natural motifs.
In addition, highlights from the 2008 competition will be displayed in the gallery along with merchandise from product assortments selected from 7W showrooms.
The gallery will launch next month in Suite 743 and will remain open through Gift & Home Textiles Market Week and beyond. On Saturday, Aug. 15 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., the building will hold an informal Meet and Greet where buyers can mingle with past and current students. 7W is located at 7 W. 34th St., between 5th and 6th Avenues.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...