NRF names six new board members
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/5/2001 12:00:00 AM
WASHINGTON -The National Retail Federation recently added the newest members to its board of directors. The new directors are:
John Hancock, ceo, MFI Furniture Group, PLC of London. He was appointed ceo in March 1999, and has been with MFI since December 1998. He previously served on the board while head of W.H. Smith.
Alan Lacy, president and ceo, Sears, Roebuck & Co., Hoffman Estates, IL. Lacy assumed the top spot at Sears, NRF's largest member, in September 2000.
James McCann, chairman and ceo, 1-800-flowers.com, Westbury, NY. McCann built a chain of 14 flower shops before acquiring 1-800-flowers.
Allen Questrom, chairman and ceo, JCPenney Co. Inc., Plano, TX. He is a former member of the board of directors, where he served while chairman and ceo of Federated Department Stores. Questrom has also served in the top post at Neiman Marcus and Barney's New York.
Bertl Raff, chairman and ceo, Zale Corp., Irving, TX. Raff is the third of the new directors to reach the top post in September 2000. She began as head of the Zales Jewelers division in 1994.
Brian Riendeau, vp, government and community affairs, Tricon Global Restaurants, of Louisville, KY. Riendeau serves as chairman of the National Council of Chain Restaurants, which recently allied with NRF.
We would love your feedback!
- Jan 19, 2012
- Jan 13, 2010
- Jun 21, 2011
- Jan 7, 2008
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...