Shows conform to holy day needs
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/29/2002 12:00:00 AM
GHENT, BELGIUM —
Recognizing that Decosit and DecoContract in Brussels coincide with Rosh Hashana, one of the major Jewish religious holidays, the management has made arrangements for hotel accommodations, religious services and kosher food during this period.
Textirama, the organizer of the textiles shows, has blocked hotel rooms in Brussels City, some only a five-minute walk from the Great Synagogue, according to Patrick Geysels, director. Avraham Guigui, the synagogue's chief rabbi, will assist in the religious obligations during this period, Geysels added.
In addition, Decosit has made arrangements for kosher food to be available at a dedicated location at the Brussels Expo, the site of the exhibition during the whole period, and arrangements can be made to have kosher food delivered to other locations.
"We are doing everything we can to diminish the impact of the situation," Geysels remarked. "We regret the unfortunate coincidence with the timing of the religious holidays. We attempted to change the dates, but because of the tightly scheduled Brussels fairgrounds, we had no options or alternatives."
Geysels urges anyone wanting assistance with hotels near the synagogue or wanting to make arrangements for kosher food to contact them by fax at (011) 32-9-2438455.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...