ShopKo names Ghormley home gmm, announces store remodels
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/27/2007 1:31:00 PM
Green Bay, Wis. – Upper Midwestern mass merchandiser ShopKo has named Rod Ghormley svp and gmm-home, reporting to president and chief merchandising officer Paul White.
Ghormley joins the company from Amazon.com, where he was dmm of home textiles, tableware, home furnishings, floorcare, clothing care, and organization. He previously had posts at mattress and foam accessories maker Sleep Innovations, and at retailers QVC, May Co., and Sanger Harris Department Stores.
ShopKo, currently with 135 stores, will open a new unit in Suamico, Wis. in spring 2008 – its first new full-service location since 2001 – and many of the internal visuals will be rolled out to the chain, the company said.
The retailer said better lighting and fixturing will accompany more “efficient” layouts to boost shopper convenience; strollers and carts will have total access to each department.
At a groundbreaking ceremony for the 80,000 square-foot Suamico store, ShopKo chairman and ceo Mike MacDonald unveiled the new logo that will soon festoon the $2.2 billion chain. It comes with the slogan: “My life. My style. My store.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...