Stein Mart shoppers aid Salvation Army cause
-- Home Textiles Today, 2/19/2009 11:59:00 AM
Jacksonville, Fla. -- Stein Mart has partnered with The Salvation Army for the second consecutive year in the national “Give & Receive” event, with the retailer giving shoppers discounts for bringing in apparel donations.
The event – set for March 5-7 at Stein Mart – comes in a critical time for the Salvation Army, which is experiencing at its Thrift and Family Stores as much as a 20% decline in donations over last year.
While supplies last, Stein Mart is offering 20% discounts on any item for donated “gently used garments in good condition.” There is a limit of four coupons per person, but shoppers can donate as many pieces of clothing they can or would like to.
Tax receipts are available for donations.
The coupons can be redeemed at any of Stein Mart’s 276 stores.
“During these difficult economic times, the services that The Salvation Army provides our communities have never been more important,” said Jay Stein, chairman of Stein Mart. “It’s rewarding to see our loyal customers join us in our efforts to support this valued organization during a time of need.”
Last year, Stein Mart customers donated more than 400,000 pieces of clothing during the event. All proceeds from the Thrift and Family Stores directly support The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Centers, where more than 340,000 men and women turned their lives around in 2008, the organization said.
“The economic downturn has meant that people are keeping their gently used items longer so we are seeing fewer donations to our thrift and family stores,” said Major George Hood, The Salvation Army’s national community relations and development secretary. “This means that we have fewer goods to sell and therefore less funding for our life-changing programs. Stein Mart’s support, and that of their shoppers, is vital to our service.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...