Rose Tree Bows Elizabeth Arden Bedding
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/21/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — Rose Tree Linens has launched a home textiles collection under the Elizabeth Arden brand at the market here this month. The first segment is a collection of six bed ensembles.
The collection marks the debut of the beauty and spa brand into the home furnishings field.
Rose Tree holds the license for a broad range of home textiles products — decorative pillows, throws, blankets, and quilts — that will be introduced in future markets beginning next February, said Mark Rose, vp.
Elizabeth, the signature bed, uses wide bands of elaborate embroidery in verticals stripes on the bed, and embellishments like crushed velvet trim on the pillows.
Indigo Bay is a tailored denim look with distinctive accents of red, white and blue.
While Tea is a satin with grosgrain trim as embellishment, while both Blue Grass and Serenity use very different approaches to blue and green color combinations.
The collection will be sale priced at $199 to $349 for a queen comforter set with distribution pegged to the broad department store community with shipments pegged to first quarter 2007.
Part of the interest in the Elizabeth Arden brand, Rose explained, is its reach as a beauty and spa icon with its legendary red door a highly recognizable symbol. In fact, for the next market, the entry to the Elizabeth Arden room in the showroom here will sport a red door.
An asset in the product development for Rose Tree was that “we didn't have to fight to make an apparel look work in the home, as so many licenses do today. It's all about beauty,” Rose observed.
And while marketing plans are still in the early stages, Rose anticipates some activities not typical of the home furnishings business, noting, “The beauty industry is noted for tremendous marketers.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...