Industry vet heads Kmart home sourcing
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/13/2004 12:00:00 AM
TROY, Mich. — Home textiles veteran J. Carlos Samper has been named director of the Home Textiles Sourcing Group at Kmart. He reports to Bill Petrosini, divisional vice president of sourcing and purchasing for the Global Sourcing Group.
Samper was most recently with Li & Fung as divisional manager, textiles, southern hemisphere in Hong Kong. Prior to that, he was regional vice president of international at Springs Industries, working out of the U.S. headquarters and Santiago, Chile.
He began his career in 1979 at Cannon Mills, where he was regional manager of international sales and marketing. After the company's merger with Fieldcrest, he became divisional vice president of international for Fieldcrest Canon, operating out of the United States, Mexico City and Buenos Aires.
At Kmart, his responsibility will be to direct, support and focus the retailer's global sourcing efforts in home textiles.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...