Penney to open more off-the-mall stores
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/16/2003 2:46:00 PM
Plano, TX — At its annual meeting here, JCPenney said it will open three stores in off-the-mall locations — Dallas, Indianapolis, Minneapolis — in November. Emphasizing that off-the-mall units are not new for Penney, Allen Questrom, chairman and ceo, said, speaking to reporters after the meeting, "We are looking at different formats for fashion and soft home. We are not looking to add food. Convenience for customers will be an important element."
In design, "We're looking at competitors, not copying them. We're looking for new ways to offer our merchandise," he said.
The new stores, at 78,000-square-feet of net selling space, are larger than other Penney off-the-mall units. "These markets are very strong ones for us, and are growth markets," Questrom said.
We would love your feedback!
- Apr 23, 2007
- May 19, 2003
- Apr 19, 2006
- Apr 12, 2004
- Apr 9, 2004
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...