Guilford takes wraps off Karen Neuberger line
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/15/2001 12:00:00 AM
AT THE NEW YORK MARKET — Guilford Home Fashions continues to build on its new brand portfolio with the formal launch of the Karen Neuberger at Home collection this market.
The New York-based home textiles arm of Guilford Mills will unveil the full line of licensed beds this week at its showroom at 295 Fifth Ave.
Guilford originally previewed the collection in the spring but has since expanded the line to include three woven ensembles and one knit, all with designs that are very friendly to the master bedroom. The 250-count sheet will have a scalloped and embroidered hem.
"The collection has lots of tailored dress-making details like buttons, ties, piping and piecing," said Herb Briggs, president of Guilford Home. "This is not just another printed sheet set."
Layered into the collection of sheets, top-of-bed and decorative pillows will be cotton coordinate throws as well as matelasse embroidered coverlets.
"Karen Neuberger has built a fabulous nationwide following in the department store arena by answering the needs of women in the basic areas of comfort, self-nurturing, fulfillment, nesting and just plain fun," said Karen Reichenbach, vp of licensing for Guilford. "Through her grass-roots marketing approach of store-friendly PJ parties, breast cancer walks and other women's cause-related events such as V-Day, Karen has lent her heart to the brand."
Guilford's licensed line of Jockey at Home bedding will also enjoy the addition of several new beds aimed at the dorm/college market but with designs that translate easily into the home.
Three male and three female patterns are new, with the boys receiving a blue chambray sheet set and the girls a green chambray set. Along with the sheets, a comforter and sham will be included as well as a gift with purchase that will be either a Jockey bath towel or a pair of boxer shorts, or both, depending on retailers' interest. Enclosed in a plastic drawstring duffle bag, a full and an extra-long twin size will be offered with a $99 price point for both.
Also available as separate items are coordinating throws and blankets in six solid colors with either a basketweave or boucle yarn construction.
"We're extending the brand outside of the master bedroom," Briggs said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...