FIT beneficiary of Roberts gift
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/22/2007 12:45:00 PM
New York– The Rita andBruceRobertsRoom was dedicated last week at the Fashion Institute of Technology in recognition of a gift by the couple to the school.
The room is in the Martin Feldman Center on the 9th floor and provides meeting or reception space for small groups.
Honoree Bruce Roberts with Tom Ward, ceo of Maidenform and former head of WestPoint Stevens.
Roberts serves on the board of the Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries, the college’s industry-support body. He has been executive director of the Textile Distributors’ Association since 1990. Prior to that he was vp and chairman of the general management committee of Eastman Chemical Products and earlier was senior vp of Springs Industries.
The Roberts pledged $75,000 to FIT this year, payable over a four-year period.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...