Zant Approved as Bon-Ton Marketing Chief
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/20/2004 12:00:00 AM
York, Pa. — —
York, Pa. — The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc.'s Board of Directors has approved the appointment of David Zant as vice chairman and chief merchandising officer.
He will report to Bud Bergren, president and CEO, and will assume his new position Jan. 1.
Zant was most recently executive vice president, general merchandise manager, Women's Apparel, for Belk, Inc. In 2002, he was promoted to executive vice president, general merchandise manager, Men's Apparel and Home Furnishings, for the entire corporation.
Zant joined Belk's in 2001 as the president of Belk Central Division. In this position, he managed the merchandising and marketing functions for Belk's largest division.
During his career, Zant also held senior merchandising positions with Saks, Inc. and Mercantile Stores Company, Inc.
Bud Bergren, president and CEO, stated, “(David's) experience will provide a valuable perspective to our strategic direction as we continue to combine the Bon-Ton/Elder-Beerman businesses and realize the shareholder value inherent in the merger.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...