Himatsingka Linens adds Calvin, Royal Sateen in DWI Holdings buy
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/23/2007 10:34:00 AM
This is the mill’s third acquisition this year. It purchased Giuseppe Bellora SpA in February, followed by Divatex Home Fashions Inc. in July. The 21-year-old mill has long specialized in silk and silk blend fabrics, with a concentration in the bridal industry.
“The three acquired entities will collectively contribute $275 million in annual revenues,” said Shrikant Himatsingka, executive director. The acquisitions will also consume the entire capacity of the mill’s recently commissioned $100 million bedding facility.
Himatsingka put the DWI transaction value at $30 million, and reported DWI’s 2007 fiscal revenues were $47 million. DWI Holdings was founded by Michael Bernstein, Rudy Schmatz and Dennis Cochran in 2001, initially consisting of the adult bedding business from Crown Crafts. Bernstein will remain at DWI as ceo and a board member. Schmatz and Cochran will serve as president and cfo, respectively.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...