High Point Market to Revert to Former Dates
April and October Schedule Returns
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/21/2007 12:00:00 AM
High Point, N.C. —
The High Point Market will return to its former April and October schedule next year, the Market Authority board has voted, but the event will keep the new Monday-through-Sunday format, rather than the former Thursday official opening, the board noted.
Board members said they based the decision on the results of a new survey conducted by research firm Exhibit Surveys. The company questioned 2,068 marketgoers — 1,652 buyers, 202 exhibitors and 214 sales representatives — and found that a majority favored the April and October dates, said Market Authority president Brian Casey.
New dates will be released around June 1, he said. This year's fall market will keep its previously announced dates of Oct. 1-7 (Monday-Sunday).
Results of the new survey are different from one the Market Authority conducted two years ago, which the board at that time used as a basis for changing the dates to March and September in most years.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...