By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/21/2005 12:00:00 AM
Newland Joins HSN
Libby Newland has resigned from The Great Indoors where she was senior buyer of bed and bath and joined Home Shopping Network.
Newland reports to Kassie Jones, vice president, merchandise for soft home.
No successor has been named at The Great Indoors.
Home Depot Reaches Out to Hispanics
The Home Depot has formed a hiring partnership with four national Hispanic organizations, The ASPIRA Association, Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), National Council of La Raza (NCLR), and SER — Jobs for Progress National.
Penney Resets Calendar
JCPenney plans to launch its new spring advertising campaign, “For all the sides of you,” during the Academy Awards.
Six new commercials, created by the Chicago office of DDB Worldwide, will debut during the Feb. 27 broadcast to showcase the company's assortment of apparel and home furnishings.
Three commercials highlight JCPenney's exclusive relationships with celebrity designers, including the newest addition, Nicole Miller. The nicole by Nicole Miller collection of dressy casual women's clothing premieres in JCPenney stores this month.
One commercial focuses on JCPenney's Biggest Star Sweepstakes and leads up to the reveal of the winning number for the grand prize, which will take place later during the broadcast. The grand prize includes $100,000 and a trip to the Red Carpet at the 2006 Academy Awards.
In other Penney news, the board of directors has approved a change in the company's fiscal year end to align with the fiscal calendars of the majority of national retailers.
Effective Jan. 29, 2005, the end of fiscal year 2004, the company's fiscal year will end on the Saturday closest to Jan. 31.
Rac Awards Honor Advertising
The Retail Advertising and Marketing Association inducted Kohl's Julie Gardner, senior vice president of marketing into the RAMA Hall of Fame during its annual awards presentation and convention.
As usual, Target took home a number of awards, including best advertising. Mervyn's won for its Holly Robinson Peete Maternity Line Press Kit campaign, and Macy's West took top honors for its Trend Leadership advertising.
Pamida Acquires Nebraska Pharmacies
Pamida, Inc. has purchased the Medicine Chest Pharmacies in Broken Bow and West Point, Neb.
The stores will begin operating under the Pamida name on March 21 and will remain open during the transfer of ownership.
Remodeling at the buildings will begin in March to bring a new Pamida product mix and assortment to the stores. The company stated that all Medicine Chest employees will be interviewed for positions with Pamida.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...