ShopKo secures new credit
-- Home Textiles Today, 1/29/2001 12:00:00 AM
Heartland retailer ShopKo Stores Inc., Green Bay, WI, said it has cut a deal with Fleet Retail Finance for a new three-year, $600 million senior secured revolving credit faculty.
The new credit pact is secured by the inventory and accounts receivable of ShopKo and its subsidiaries.
The retailer said the financing commitment is expected to close in about 45 days and will replace ShopKo's existing senior bank facilities under which about $293.4 million is outstanding.
William Podany, chairman, president and ceo, commented: "This commitment marks substantial progress toward providing financial stability to our capital structure. With this new credit facility, we now have the flexibility to focus our entire organization on initiatives designed to further strengthen our financial position and to deliver measurable improvements to shareholder value."
Ward Mooney, president of Fleet Retail Finance, said, "This commitment reflects our confidence in the ability of ShopKo's management team."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...