Independent retailer Ray Reinhardt passes away
-- Home Textiles Today, 9/29/2009 7:46:00 AM
Ridgeland, Miss. — Ray Reinhardt, founder and owner of Ray’s Bed, Bath & Window here, passed away while on vacation on Aug. 27 at age 72.
Reinhardt opened his first store, World’s Bedspreads & Draperies, in Jackson Mall in Jackson, Miss., in 1972. The current fine linen shop offers a wide range of top brands.
“As our name has evolved so have our product lines,” Reinhardt noted in an interview for the store’s 35th Anniversary. “We began rather modestly offering a wide assortment of bedspreads and draperies. Over the years, we’ve refined our collection. Longtime customers, visitors from other markets and vendors tell us our showroom and merchandise are as fine as any in the southeastern United States,” he added.
Survivors include his wife, Winnie Kay Reinhardt; children, Christy Adcock, Wendy Herring, Randy Reinhardt and Matthew Reinhardt; 13 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Donations in his memory may be made to Bethany Christian Services, Christ Covenant School or Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church/Moses’ Basket, all in the local community.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...