Stein Mart Refreshes Nina
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 9/3/2007 12:00:00 AM
Jacksonville, Fla. —
With the Nina Campbell Collection of home furnishings firmly established as the "best" end of its merchandise mix, Stein Mart is refreshing the line and supporting it with new print advertising.
The specialty retailer is also preparing to launch its own brand — Peck & Peck Home Collection — to fill the "better" position in its assortment. The Peck & Peck brand is an extension of a boutique collection of apparel at the store that already has been in place for some time, said Julie Dinklage, gmm home.
At its "best" level, British designer/decorator Campbell has expanded her collection to now include a solid color towel program with the bath towel at $12.99. "She's also created different products including damask motifs on candles, ottomans, and bedding," Dinklage related. The ottomans, with storage capabilities, are important items in the collection at $189.99.
Another new item in the Nina Campbell home wardrobe, an embroidered three piece duvet set at $99.99, reflects consumer requests. "In terms of colorations, we have had lots of calls for reds and golds, and this bed is in response to those requests," Dinklage explained.
The new bed is featured on the cover of the early fall circular called "Decorator Touches."
Stein Mart has a legacy of listening to its stores. "We have twice a year leadership meetings with our regional directors. They are tuned into what customers want. In our case, it is more traditional. It is not remotely contemporary," Dinklage noted.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...