Laura Ashley partners with Pem America on infant bedding
Will debut line at ABC Kids Expo
-- Home Textiles Today, 7/31/2009 9:37:00 AM
Fort Mill, S.C. – Laura Ashley has granted licensing rights to Pem America to design and manufacture a collection of infant bedding and accessories for department and specialty stores throughout the United States and Canada.
The collection will debut at the upcoming ABC Kids Expo, which will be held Sept. 13-16 in Las Vegas. Pem America has quickly embraced the Laura Ashley heritage and design direction by spending hours in the company’s South Carolina archives. The Laura Ashley U.S. pattern library is a condensed version of the extensive archive located at the corporate headquarters in London, which holds over 300,000 patterns, historical records and some of Laura’s original flea market inspirations.
Drawing inspiration from both the archives and the Laura Ashley British design team, Pem America is focused on developing a collection that marries the brand’s contemporary and classic style and interprets European trends for the American consumer.
“Globally, Laura Ashley has an outstanding reputation as a leading fashion and home furnishings brand recognized for its signature floral patterns, and we want to take advantage of that,” said Keith Schneider, senior vice president for Pem America. “The design team in London has done an exceptional job guiding the Laura Ashley brand into the 21st century, and we believe by incorporating many of the design elements that have made the brand successful across the globe will resonate with young mothers here in the states.”
“Laura Ashley is a classic and timeless brand with a design palette that spans from granddaughter to grandmother,” said Penne Cairoli, Laura Ashley U.S. general manager. “The more we can reach young mothers – those typically in their early 30s – the brand will remain relevant for generations.”
According to Cairoli, Laura Ashley seeks partners who understand the breadth of the brand and bring new energy to our product offering while sharing our commitment to quality and safety. “Pem America fits the bill perfectly.”
Laura Ashley concentrates on licensing the Laura Ashley brand name in North and South America. Established over 55 years ago in London, the company strives to be the ultimate destination brand for women’s wear, children’s wear and home furnishings. Current licensees include Russell Newman, The Bon Ton Group, Revman International and Hollander Home.
Founded in 1993, Pem America is a major supplier of infant and juvnile bedding, blankets, gifts, and accessories to multiple tiers of distribution. It is known for providing a recipe that includes safety, fashion, quality, and value for children’s bedding as well as bedding ensembles for adults. Schneider is on the board of directors of the Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association and is the ASTM sub committee chair for F1917 infant bedding.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...