Home Source offers fine dec pillows with Zaanha
-- Home Textiles Today, 1/30/2009 2:13:00 PM
New York – Home Source International this week launched a new, high-end decorative pillow line that ultimately aids Afghan women.
The limited edition pillows are constructed of Italian linen, filled with down and feathers, and hand-embroidered in Afghanistan. Each comes with a card stating what number that piece holds in the series of a particular design. Retail on each 20-inch-by-20-inch pillow is around $400.
Home Source is working with Zaanha, a program founded by Wendy Summer to help Afghan women entrepreneurs grow their businesses. Most live in provincial villages and many are widows. Women participating in the program are largely illiterate and rarely leave their homes. Embroidery work is one of the few ways in which they can earn a living. About 30% of the proceeds from the sale of the pillows will be donated to Zaanha, whose motto is “Glamour For Good.”
“It’s a fine product, and it’s also good to give back,” said Keith Sorgeloos, president of Home Source.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...