Court of Versailles Reinterprets Fashion Bedding Look
-- Home Textiles Today, 3/22/2010 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Court of Versailles came to market with three new bedding ensembles intended to update the look for the modern luxury consumer.
The Imperiale reflects the French court's passion for the opulent goods coming in from Asian trade routes. The centerpierce on the top of bed sets a scaled-up tea leaf rendered in crewel embroidery on a tone-on-tone berry cotton ground. Playing up against the matte surface of the duvet cover is the shimmering La Grande Siecle quilt.
Gold-dusted Euro pillows feature four-corner embellishments embroidered with metallic thread. The pink satin accent pillow is covered in a fine chain stitch.
Belle De Jour offers a bold black and sapphire floral print on a regimented stripe. The accompanying pointell throw is tripled ruffled and trimmed with velvet ribbon.
The bed “suggests a bit of the naughtiness rumored to have played cut occasionally at the French court,” said Hermine Mariaux of licensor The Versailles Foundation.
Noblesse Oblige offers a rich red floral jacquard on the duvet cover and shames contrasted with an ivory sheet carrying a floral stripe print.
A new sheet collection, Ormolu, is a cotton sateen with a baroque jacquard design embellished on a 10-inch cuff.
“Our fall 2010 collection continues to capture the spirit of a sometimes irreverent, modern Marie Antoinette and Louis,” said Edward Cardimona, Springs Global's chief creative officer.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...