New Kmart ads redirect customers to open stores
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/3/2003 12:00:00 AM
TROY, MI —
Kmart is launching a nationwide advertising campaign intended to roll over customers from its 326 closing stores to units that will remain open — easing the transition and, not incidentally, intended to stave off competitors' incursions.
The "Savings Are Here to Stay" campaign began on Sunday, as the process of shuttering the stores gets under way. It includes $150 coupon savings books, a series of $500 shopping sprees and special relocation materials to redirect customers of closing units to nearby locations. In addition, closing stores will distribute Register Reward Receipts with a minimum purchase, redeemable at units that remain open.
All of its stores, including the ones scheduled to close, will receive the hand-out coupon books, which are good only in stores that will remain open and are available chain-wide until supplies last. Closing stores will also provide maps and address information of the closest Kmart units.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...