GLM, Reed to Launch New Show
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 5/23/2005 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — International Interiors New York (IINY), a trade fair for fine furnishings and inspirational interior design, will be launched next May by George Little Management and Reed Expositions.
The show, which will run concurrently, but at a different site from GLM's International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), will showcase about 300 exhibitors from the United States and abroad in about 50,000 net square feet of exhibit space, said Alan Steel, executive vice president, GLM.
IINY will be held at New York's Passenger Ship Terminal, from May 20 to 23, 2006 as part of New York DesignWeek. “We expect this event to bring an additional 26,000 to 30,000 attendees to the more than 18,000 now attending ICFF,” Steel added. “We will broaden the product offering beyond ICFF with fine furniture, furnishings and products including bedding, textiles and accessories.”
Steel continued, “The international community wishes to be seen here, and with Reed we expect it to grow very quickly.”
“We have wanted to enter the U.S. market (with a show of this type) for a number of years,” said Greg Topalian, vice president, new business development, Reed Exhibitions.
“One of the drivers for this was the demand of our Paris exhibitors,” Topalian added. Reed Exhibitions is a co-owner of Paris-based Maison & Objet. “A part of our goal is to deliver the flavor of the European show. We will try to extract as much as we can from Maison & Objet.”
GLM and Reed Exhibitions will jointly promote IINY and ICFF with an integrated marketing campaign and a series of special events and seminars. Continuous free shuttle service will link the Passenger Ship Terminal with the Javits Convention Center where ICFF is held.
Reed Exhibitions, like Home Textiles Today, is a unit of Reed Elsevier.
We would love your feedback!
- May 16, 2005
- Oct 10, 2005
- Oct 10, 2005
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...